Ball-Rankin Construction Inc. was awarded a bid-spec contract worth over $8 million for the construction of a new wastewater pumping station, along with forcemains, a gravity sewer and a sanitary storage tank on Pier 8, located at 75 Discovery Drive in Hamilton.
The City of Hamilton’s primary objective for this project is to provide the wastewater infrastructure required for revitalisation of Pier 8. This renewal is part of a key component of a much larger redevelopment plan for the West Harbour waterfront.
The scope of the work includes:
- Dewatering, working in high water table;
- H-Pile driving for structures due to deep and in fill conditions;
- Construction of new wastewater pumping station;
- Construction of wet well for submersible pumps;
- Construction of sanitary storage tank;
- Supply and install of natural gas generator;
- Supply and install of odour control unit; and
- Utility connections including electricity, natural gas, and communication to pumping station building.
At the present time, Rankin is working on shoring, excavation and dewatering. The expected completion date for this project is August, 2020.